Monday, April 28, 2008

Time Trial at Iron Gate Winery


I have to tell you that the members of Tricyclists put on a GREAT Time Trail. Three of the riders from Down East Cyclist(myself, Larry Morton and Steven Walker) made the drive up to Mebane to race and I, for one, had a great time and an excellant race. I'm sure we all enjoyed ourselves, because we talked about the race and course for an hour afterwards. The race was a bit harder than we expected, but we knew that the lack of hills in the J-ville area would be a decidingly big factor. We all had to work hard from start to finish and I was nearly rewarded for my efforts. I covered the 10.75 mile course in 27:46 and finished 4th in my age group, with Steve just 5 seconds back. Larry started much later than we did, so he had the advantage of being well informed about the course. He had a good ride too, considering that he rode 70+ miles at the Tour de Pickle in Mount Olive the day before.
The race course was awesome and the support staff that they had was super. There were race marshalls at the start and finish and at each corner and they even police support. Thanks to the riders of Tricyclists for the awesome race. I already plan on going back and improving on my time and place.

No comments: