Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a wicked end of week and weekend of riding . . .

. . . but neccessary to get ready for next weeks time trial. I did some sprints on Thursday on the Colnago to get some hard riding in my legs. Friday was a nice hard trip around the Brig trail(MTB). Then after work we all headed down to Michael's for a ride and dinner. The girls did an easy, enjoyable 13 miles , while Michael and I pushed close to 20 miles in and around Hampstead, NC. Followed by an EXCELLANT seminar at Bike Cycle (Wilmington) on Motivation. Rachel learned a lot and hopefully this will help her out with her triathlon training.
Saturday was a hammerfest and I wasn't feeling 100%. About 9 good riders headed out for a strong run to Hubert into a stiff headwind. I lead out the entire route, but the return was too much for me to handle and the last 7 miles I got dropped HARD. Thankfully, I had a little company to assist me. After 1/2 mile or so I made an attempt to bridge the huge gap and got within 50 or so feet before the winds stopped me. After that I was done and I had to limp back on my own, a distant 6th. Took a much needed rest day Sunday and I'll be starting fresh next week.

Ride On!
-Super Dave