Sunday, September 7, 2008

DEC Time Trial


SWEET, SWEET, SWEET, SWEET, SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ask why? Well, we finally put together an team strong enough to win our TTT. Thanks to Steve, Shawn, Rowdy and Frank for all the help! We did 11 miles in 26:56. That's 24.5 mph, which isn't all that great, but we did beat the next team by 60 seconds.

Also, our club riders were able to take 8 of the 15 podium positions. That's also thwe best showing that we have ever had. I hope that this means that we are going to stay serious about defending our race. I wish I could be around for next years race, but I'll be in SA hopefully getting ready for a new slate of rides/races.

ALSO, another GREAT job done by our support staff. Everyone is really stepping up. This should prove great for the upcoming 12 hr Endurance race and the MTB race series next year.

Above is a picture of Shawn Kane. He blasted the course in 25:42 to easily win the Expert class.

So, just when I thought I could relax, next weekend is BIKE MS in New Bern. Two days, 200 miles?!?! We'll see!

Ride On!
-Super Dave

No comments: