Friday, August 7, 2009

Time off.

Today was an unscheduled day off.
I was out the last two days(Wedn/Thurs) and had a couple of miserable rides. Wednesday, I rode my new 40 mile course, but I did so after 3pm and man was it scorching HOT. It had to be over 103. The wind was so hot and bad that it was burning my eyes to ride into it, and I had on my shades.
Thursday, I decided to go out and do an easy 35, but I had to turn into the wind at mile 13 and it was over from then on. I eased up somewhat to conserve energy, but the wind just continued. I stopped for fluids at 20 miles, but no matter what I was cooked. I still had at least 12 miles to go so I decided to ride straight back home at an easy pace and hope that I didn't overdo it.
More fluids after I got home, nothing seemed to work, so I ate and decided to take a rest day.
Not that I got much rest. I ended up working in the garage and attic for about 6 hours today.Hopefully tomorrow goes better.
Ride On!
-Super Dave

No comments: