Sunday, August 16, 2009

A tough ride

What a day for a ride. Everything started out pretty good, but a few miles into the ride, I hit something and flatted my front wheel. Dale stopped to help out but together we had to play catch-up to the group. I tried my hardest to keep pushing, but I quickly tired while pushing into a stiff headwind. Thanks to Dale for dragging me to the water stop, because I was whipped. I recovered somewhat but I still wasn't feeling that good. After a while I ate my br and started feeling much better. Towards the end, I did a lot of the work, but admittedly, the pace was somewhat slower. In the end I finished with 57 miles, and I felt like it.
Kim did a great ride also. She planned on doing 25, but ended up doing 36, because she missed her turn. She enjoyed her ride and also met another rider.
'til next time,
Ride On!
-Super Dave

No comments: